Thursday, October 6, 2011
Who's that baby?!?
Every bath, since Halle's first bath, I have wrapped her in a towel and held her to the mirror and said with a huge smile: "WHO'S THAT BABY?!?"
It was for me, to look at her cuteness and me to see myself being a Mom. I don't know why I did it the first time, and every time after, but I have.
Earlier this week when Halle and I were playing and she was climbing all over me she climbed into my arms like you hold a baby and said "baby!" She has done it several times since. I didn't know where she was getting it from. I thought it was because my best friend is pregnant and has toddlers so we talk about the baby coming a lot.
Tonight I got her out of the bath and wrapped her in a towel and set her down to empty the tub (I am always afraid I will forget to empty and she will climb in....) She looked up at me all bundled and said "mommy up! Baby!"
I scooped her up and we looked at each other in the mirror. I asked her who the baby was and she said "Halle!" Then she said "noooooo" with a mischevious grin. I said "is Halle a little girl?" And she said "yeah!"
So, I guess that was for her as much as me. And I guess I have to ask who the little girl is now.
There are no pictures of this special time in the mirror, but here are a few of my favorite bath time pictures of my baby......little girl.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment