Tuesday, October 4, 2011

A Day in the Life...

Yesterday I woke up at 6:45a.m. after a night of very little sleep because I was thinking about all the things that need to get done this week.  I got up, packed Halle's lunch for preschool, started a load of laundry, put away the clean dishes and got in the shower.  Then I got Halle up, fed, and dressed.  Halle loves her new frog backpack/lunchbox.  AND brushing her teeth.


I got all of our stuff for the day in the car and we were out the door at 8:20.  (When it was just me I could have gotten up at 7:45, toddlers take a lot more time.)  Halle was in her class and I was in mine until 12:45.  Then we went grocery shopping at Trader Joe's.  I am getting more used to their slanted set up, but the shoppers in there are so slow and oblivious.  Plus, checking out takes at least 20 minutes.  Which is fun with a toddler who is ready to go and pulling your cart to the door.  Then we met up with a friend so she could share some YUMMY chili with me.  We met at a Starbucks parking lot, Halle was passed out and her twins were ready to be home, so she ran in to buy my coffee beans and I kept her kiddies happy.  Then it was home to put away groceries, forward the wash, put away clean clothes, unload and reload the dishwasher and keep Halle happy all the while.  Then we made blueberry muffins together.  We took a bath.  Then she played and I made applesauce.

I organized my list of things to get done the next day, and the shopping list for the things that Trader Joe's doesn't carry.  Then it was dinner, reading books, dancing, tickle time and more reading books.  Then while I was putting away the second load of laundry Halle unzipped her pj's, took off her diaper and pooped on her blanky and brought it to me like a prize.  Hurray!  So, then it was time to clean her up and quick wash her blanky.  THEN it was to bed with her.  I then had some "me" time which I used to hunt for coupons online for the things on my shopping list.  Then I watched Thor.  Then bedtime for me.

Just your typical day being Halle's Mom.  A typical day for a Mom.  The life I want to live more than anything, but not even close to easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment